Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_] Cecilkumara Fernando[_2_] is offline

Default changing current directory to that of the current open file

May be,
chdir cstr(activeworkbook.path)
Cecil

"unnameable " wrote in message

I'm working on an invoicing project which involves three seperate
spreadsheet files. The main file opens the other two via a macro.

My problem is, I can't find a way to make the current directory (using
ChDir or the like) the directory in which the main file is present!

I know it probably would be alright if I opened the main file using
FileOpen in the Excel menu, but I would like it to work if the file is
opened direct by double clicking on it in windows explorer.

Say the file is C:\Invoicing\OrderForm.xls ... how would I make the
current directory C:\Invoicing via a macro without actually naming the
directory? I don't want it to be a permanent thing, I only want it to
happen when the spreadsheet is opened.

Any ideas?

---