Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Column Alias in MS Query

MS Query doesn't recognize column aliases. Is there any trick to it

Most of my queries are nested and have aliases, which means that they are not compatible with MS Query

Thank yo
diana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Diana" wrote ...

MS Query doesn't recognize column aliases. Is there any trick to it?
Most of my queries are nested and have aliases, which means
that they are not compatible with MS Query.

Check whether the following applies:

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 298955
XL: Using a Field Alias in Query Does Not Work with Some Third-Party
Databases

Otherwise, it sounds like you may need to re-write your SQL. I
recently posted some northwind queries (MS Access) which use aliases
and the queries work in MS Query:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

Better still, re-write as stored procedures on the server (use many
aliases as you like!) and use MS Query to call the procedure and pass
any parameters required.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you so much! I can't stress enough how much your suggestions helped me, the first article more precisely
~Dian

PS. As far as storing procedures, etc, unfortunately I have a read only access to the server.