Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem opening xls files from Explorer when IgnoreRemoteReqests set to True

Hi all,

I've been working on a VB app that has an instance of Excel running i
the background, hidden from the user.To get around the problem of m
session being hijacked when another workbook is opened, I've set th
IgnoreRemoteRequests property of the Application object to True when
first create it. However when a user double-clicks an Excel file i
Explorer it attempts to open various combinations of the file pat
before finally opening the workbook in a new instance of Excel. Fo
example, say I'm attempting to open the following file;

P:\DannyF\My Documents\xls\Test Sheet2.xls

The following list of files are attempted to be opened before the fil
is finally opened;

P:\Dannyf\My.xls
Documents\xls\Test.xls
Sheet2.xls

It's splitting the path up when there are spaces! Any ideas how I ca
rectify this?

Cheers

Dann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Now I appear to be getting the following mesage as well!

Cannot find the file 'P:\DannyF\My Documents\xls\Test Sheet2.xls' (o
one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correc
and that all required libraries are available.

And I also now get this message when attempting to open a workbook fro
explorer even when my app isn't running.

I'm switching IgnoreRemoteRequests back to false when exiting m
application so it's not that - any ideas?!?!?

Cheers

Dann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fixed the problem - I modified the XLS File Type Open Action settings;

The command line used to start Excel didn't have quotation marks aroun
the %1 parameter.

Hurrah