Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Password Protection - Select Unlocked Cells Only

Sorry if I’m asking a question that has already been posted in the pas
but none of the answers that I could find seem to address my explici
problem.

I have a workbook which contains 20 worksheets. What I want to do i
password protect all the worksheets in one go, save the protecte
version and send to users. However, I want to allow the intended use
to only select those cells that are unlocked.

I wrote a simple macro and everything was fine, until I tried openin
the saved copy of the password protected workbook, alas the protecte
cells were no longer protected. The only way I have been able t
achieve this is by having an Auto_Open macro that protects cells eac
time the workbook is opened. However, if the user disables macros the
this crude fix obviously does not work.

Any advice on this matter greatly received,

Thanks,

Ten

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tenk

A macro is unfortunately the only way to set this. So a common and
just-as-crude workaround is to make the workbook useless with macros
disabled.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Tenk " skrev i melding
Sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been posted in the past
but none of the answers that I could find seem to address my explicit
problem.

I have a workbook which contains 20 worksheets. What I want to do is
password protect all the worksheets in one go, save the protected
version and send to users. However, I want to allow the intended user
to only select those cells that are unlocked.

I wrote a simple macro and everything was fine, until I tried opening
the saved copy of the password protected workbook, alas the protected
cells were no longer protected. The only way I have been able to
achieve this is by having an Auto_Open macro that protects cells each
time the workbook is opened. However, if the user disables macros then
this crude fix obviously does not work.

Any advice on this matter greatly received,

Thanks,

Tenk

---