Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count Checkboxes.

for checkboxes from the control toolbox toolbar on a worksheet

Dim obj as OleObject
Dim cnt as Long
Dim chkbx as Msforms.Checkbox
For each obj in Activesheet.OleObject
if typeof obj.Object is MsForms.Checkbox then
set chkbx = obj.Object
if chkbx = True then
cnt = cnt + 1
end if
end if
Next

For forms controls on a worksheet

Dim chkbx as Checkbox
Dim cnt as Long
for each chkbx in Activesheet.Checkboxes
if chkbx.Value = xlOn then
cnt = cnt + 1
end if
Next

Tom Ogilvy

"Steven" wrote in message
Looking for a way to count the number of checkboxes with a check in them.

Thanks for your time,
Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another way is to link each checkbox to a cell, say Z1, then Z2, then Z3,
etc, and use COUNTIF

=COUNTIF(Z1:Z10,TRUE)

This works for both forms and control toolbox checkboxes.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steven" wrote in message
Looking for a way to count the number of checkboxes with a check in

them.

Thanks for your time,
Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is there a quick way to link cells or do I have to go one by one

Thanks Again.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One by one (either manually or with a macro).

Tom Ogilvy