Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DIV/0 ERROR - How eliminate them in many cells contemporaneously

Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Try something like this (there surely is something better) :
Sub AddErrorTrap()
Dim UsdRng, Cel As Range, OldFormula$, NewFormulaPart1$, NewFormula$
NewFormulaPart1 = "=IF(ISERROR("
Set UsdRng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
For Each Cel In UsdRng
If Cel.HasFormula Then
OldFormula = Right(Cel.Formula, Len(Cel.Formula) - 1)
NewFormula = NewFormulaPart1 & OldFormula & "),""""," & OldFormula & ")"
Cel.Formula = NewFormula
End If
Next Cel
End Sub

HTH
Regards
Pascal

"Metallo" a écrit dans le message de news:

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Metallo,
On a copy of your very big Excel file run this macro
Sub pp()
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If cell.HasFormula And _
Mid(cell.Formula, 2, 10) < "IF(ISERROR" Then
currformula = Mid(cell.Formula, 2, 255)
newformula = "=if(iserror(" & currformula & _
"),""""," & currformula & ")"
With cell
..Formula = newformula
End With
End If
Next

HTH,
Cecil

"Metallo" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thanks Pascal.

However, if anybody as got another solution, it's very welcome.

Thank you
Alex

"Papou" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this, it only appends the if(iserror to cells with div/0! errors:
Sub test()
Dim cell As Range
Dim div0formula As String
For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If IsError(cell.Value) Then
If cell.Value = CVErr(xlErrDiv0) Then
div0formula = Mid(cell.Formula, 2)
cell.Formula = "=IF(ISERROR(" & div0formula & "),"""","
& div0formula & ")"
Next cell
End Sub

"Papou" wrote in message ...

Hi
Try something like this (there surely is something better) :
Sub AddErrorTrap()
Dim UsdRng, Cel As Range, OldFormula$, NewFormulaPart1$, NewFormula$
NewFormulaPart1 = "=IF(ISERROR("
Set UsdRng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
For Each Cel In UsdRng
If Cel.HasFormula Then
OldFormula = Right(Cel.Formula, Len(Cel.Formula) - 1)
NewFormula = NewFormulaPart1 & OldFormula & "),""""," & OldFormula & ")"
Cel.Formula = NewFormula
End If
Next Cel
End Sub

HTH
Regards
Pascal

"Metallo" a écrit dans le message de news:
. ..

Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Fernando,

Thanks for your suggestion.
May I ask you to be a bit more specific, I am not familiar with this kind of
things in Excel.

For instance, what do you mean by Sub pp()?
Thanks

Metallo

"Metallo" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a VBA macro, the name of the macro is PP.
Here is a different VBA macro, updating the previous one I provided.
It will run much faster on large amounts of data.

Sub repldivzero()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim rowcount As Long
Dim colcount As Integer
Dim i As Long
Dim j As Integer
Dim trange As Range
Dim temparray
Dim cell As Range
Dim div0formula As String
rowcount = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
colcount = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count
ReDim temparray(rowcount, colcount)
For i = 1 To rowcount
For j = 1 To colcount
Set cell = Cells(i, j)
temparray(i, j) = cell.Formula
If IsError(cell.Value) Then
If cell.Value = CVErr(xlErrDiv0) Then
div0formula = Mid(cell.Formula, 2)
temparray(i, j) = "=IF(ISERROR(" & div0formula &
"),""""," & div0formula & ")"
Next j
Next i
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Formula = temparray
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

To use this sub (repldivzero) you must do the following:
Copy the lines from Sub to End Sub,
Go to Excel
Hit Alt+F11 to go to the Visual Basic Editor
On the top menu bar do: insert--module
Paste the clipboard contents into the module window.
Hit Alt+F11 to return to Excel.
Select the tab you want to run the macro on, i.e. make it the active sheet
On main menu bar: tools--macro--macros
highlight repldivzero and click Run.

The macro repldivzero will then replace the formula in any cell of the
activesheet which results in #DIV/0! with a new formula of the form:
=IF(ISERROR(original formula),"",originalformula)

Doria/Warris wrote:
[...]

"Metallo" wrote in message
.com...

Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One other thing I forgot in this message:
On the first line of your VBA module above where the Sub repldivzero is
pasted,
Type in the following: Option Base 1

"Metallo" wrote in message
om...

Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi JWolf,

When I run the macro, the following error pops up:

Compile error:
expected: Line number, or label or statement or end of statement

This is what I paste:

Option Base 1
[...]

I'm sure you see where the issue is.

Thanks again for your help

Metallo

"Metallo" wrote in message
om...

Hi,

Normally, I use the formula (EXAMPLE):
=IF(ISERROR(G12/G11*1000),"",G12/G11*1000)

In this way I prevent the error to appear.

The problem is that somebody sent me a very big Excel file with plenty
of DIV Errors, therefore I am asking how I can apply my formula to all
of them in one go.
Certainly, I cannot do this cell by cell and I am sure there is a
"batch" process I can use.

Thanks for your help

Alex

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GF6 GF6 is offline

On the line which begins temparray(i,j)= the copy paste inserted a line
break. Either go to the end of the line and hit the delete key until it
is all one line or after the last ampersand hit space and underscore (
_) to create a line continuation.