Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Use C++ to populate worksheet from a Database

Hi
I would like to populate a worksheet from our College student
database. I don't want to get involved with, or even know, the network
paths, table names or passwords required to access the database. Would
it be possible (easy?) to do this transfer with an .exe (say in C++,
VB6...) which I can call in VBA with a string parameter - that being a
range name on the active sheet? The range name would refer to the top
row or top left hand corner of the location to "paste". Alternatively,
the .exe might produce a Variant array that I could access, or write
to the active worksheet. Has anyone got such a piece of code??

regards
Paul