Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Targeting different worksheets dependant on the date

Any ideas how I do this?

Each month has exactly the same layout, all that changes are the type
of data within each one. I can perform the functions manually, but if
could get a peice of code to make Excel automatically do this it'd mak
my life easier :)

Thanks

WB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
best you post your current code / your current functions and explain
exactly what you're trying to achieve

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Any ideas how I do this?

Each month has exactly the same layout, all that changes are the

types
of data within each one. I can perform the functions manually, but if
I could get a peice of code to make Excel automatically do this it'd
make my life easier :)

Thanks

WB5

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The spreadsheet is at work atm, but I can remember enough.

The layout is

: DATE : NAME : REF : DATA : TYPE :

There is one row at the top with those as headers, then data of eac
type down the spreadsheet.

I have 12 worksheets for each months dispatch, and 1 worksheet whic
calculates the number of each type of transit each month, the tota
transits and then works them into percentages.

I've been asked to provide a breakdown for each week as well... this i
the problem part.

I need some code which will sit on a 5 week display and calculate ho
many of each transit went in each week. I can modify the formulae I'
using to calculate monthly to do it weekly, but I need something t
provide the data range, which in many cases will be on differen
worksheets and for some weeks will be on two worksheets...

Is it possible, or should I rework my worksheet?

Either way, I need to be able to display a running total for each wee
section.

WB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm using the COUNTIF function to work out how many, but the range need
determining somehow.

WB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get the range with

OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A))

something like

=COUNTIF(OFFSET(A1,,,COUNTA(A:A)),weeknum)

but why not just use the whole of the coilumn

=COUNTIF(A:A,weeknum)

(BTW not really sure how you will test, so my examples may need to be
adapted to your real situation).

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"WorkerB5 " wrote in message
I'm using the COUNTIF function to work out how many, but the range needs
determining somehow.

WB5

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I'll give it a go in work tomorrow and get back to you.

WB