Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default importing data and excel

I'm starting a project and I'm trying to see where to look to get my
informations when I'll really be started.
I have a few questions

1- We can produce, let's say a .txt file (or .dat, what ever) where we have
our data seperated by ";" for each "cell".
Now. I have to print in excel only the ones that have for exemple "CLS" in
the first column.
So. Do I
a) do a program to try to produce an other file wich I will import in excel
without asking more to excel then to put ";" into a cell change.
b) Find a way for excel to know what lines to copy
c) Copy it to excel then do some operations on them to finaly have only my
CLS.
d) do something else?

2- Is there a way to say to excel to print in column A,B,D,F or do I really
have to put some ";;" so it jumps the cell?

3- I have a few info that I would like to place on top of my .txt file, put
those in different cells (date,like invoice#, cheque#) and then have my
bunch of info that will be sorted in columns. Is this possible with excel?

I'm willing to learn about excel, but before, I'd like to know it's
possibilites.

Thank you for you answers.

Marie Lavoie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
for some starting ideas to some of your questions:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--
Regards