Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automate PDF file creation in Excel code

We would like to automate the PDF file creation process in
code. We have Office XP and Acrobat-6.

The reason we need this is that we have a laboratory
computer system that produces Excel reports we currently
either email or send to the customer. We need to start
posting these on our Web site in a format they can read
over the Web.

Any help in automating this process would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray Collins
Westport Technology Center
a Halliburton Company
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can save an Excel worksheet itself as a Web page. In the File -- Save
as... dialog, just change the "Save as type" drop-down to "Web Page (*.htm,
*.html)". That's the easiest way to convert the report for the Web.

I know this works in Excel 2000 and later. I'm not sure about earlier
versions.

Regards,
Wes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wes:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried what you said and it
did not work for us because we have a company logo (gif file) on our
Excel reports that gets dropped when saving the file as a web page.
Don't get me wrong - when you perform the save as a web page in a normal
environment, the logo appears. We are using this with another system
that is writing the file as a stored record in an Oracle DB. There is a
hickup in the code performing this task.

The short part of the story is that there is no problem when the file is
converted to a PDF file. So I was looking for a solution that could be
coded into Excel that will automate the PDF creation process.

Thanks again for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ray,

Office automation is an UGLY thing, especially when you want to
automate something in "unattended mode." This is highly frowned upon
and is not supported by M$. If you need to automate this task you
might want to try a third-party tool such as Neevia Document Converter
or Convert Zone XlsToPDF. If you cannot afford to purchase such
products (they are rather cheap), you would probably have to create a
macro in Excel to do the conversion or create some type of vb
application that will do the conversion for you. Hopefully this will
provide some insight.

HTH

"Ray" wrote in message ...
We would like to automate the PDF file creation process in
code. We have Office XP and Acrobat-6.

The reason we need this is that we have a laboratory
computer system that produces Excel reports we currently
either email or send to the customer. We need to start
posting these on our Web site in a format they can read
over the Web.

Any help in automating this process would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Ray Collins
Westport Technology Center
a Halliburton Company

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks for your help - I think I will try a third party
package to perform this task.

Thanks for your help@!!!