Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default simple formlua in excel

I need to find a percentage of say 100 units worked in 8 hrs. Can
anyone tell me how to do the formula. Column C10 is Units (103) and
column D10 is hours (8), column E10 I need to put the percentage in.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your question is not clear. Percentage of what? You talk about
columns, but give single cell references. It sounds like C10 has the
number of units worked in 8 hours and D10 redundantly gives the time
period of 8. Percentage of units is just a ratio of units of interest
to total units (with a percent format), but you have not specified where
the rest of the information is to be found.

Jerry

Jen wrote:

I need to find a percentage of say 100 units worked in 8 hrs. Can
anyone tell me how to do the formula. Column C10 is Units (103) and
column D10 is hours (8), column E10 I need to put the percentage in.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jerry, I'm sorry I should have explained this better. I am trying to
track the production of each employee and how much production they do in
a day. I have a spreedsheet set up with the first column with their
names, second column with the day, third column is for the units they
did that day, and four column is the hours they worked that day. The
last column is where I want to put the percentage they did that day.
Where there are units and hours worked I put in -sum(C10/D10) and got a
percentage. However, like on Sunday where there is 0 in units and 0 in
hours worked that doesn't work, I get and error. So in those I put
=percentage(C10:D10,0.3) and it worked. But lets say I forgot a couple
of employees worked that day and I went back and put in the units they
did and the hours they worked instead of the 0, then it gave me error
not a percent. Plus it seems to me I should have the same formula all
the way down the column so this doesn't happen, correct? There are no
definent amount of units they should do in a day. So I am unclear how
to do this. Any suggestions? Thanks Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use
=C10/D10
wrapping it in a SUM() function is unnecessary

Use an IF() function to handle zero totals
=IF(D10=0,x,C10/D10)
where for x you would put 0, "", or whatever you like.

Jerry