Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MsgBox vbmodless - is it possible?

I would like to prompt a user to activate a workbook and then use that
workbook as a variable later on.

The code I have come up with is

MsgBox "Is the printer on?", , "Caution"
Set book1 = ActiveWorkbook

When I run the procedure it does not give me an opportunity to activate
the workbook open in the background. I want to be able to click on a
workbook and then click OK. In other words, how can I make a MsgBox
display vbmodless?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Add a userform, configure it as a message box and show it modelessly.
Modeless userforms are possible in sufficiently recent versions of Excel
(since 97, perhaps).

"Fun Kid" wrote in message
I would like to prompt a user to activate a workbook and then use that
workbook as a variable later on.

The code I have come up with is

MsgBox "Is the printer on?", , "Caution"
Set book1 = ActiveWorkbook

When I run the procedure it does not give me an opportunity to activate
the workbook open in the background. I want to be able to click on a
workbook and then click OK. In other words, how can I make a MsgBox
display vbmodless?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

xl2k, actually.

But Stephen Bullen wrote something that can be used in xl97:

http://www.BMSLtd.ie/Excel/Default.htm
look for: ModelessForm.zip

But he has some warnings in the description along with this line:

This trick does not emulate Excel 2000's real modeless forms in terms of code
being able to run side-by-side, and should be treated as nothing more than a
curiosity.

--

Dave Peterson

MsgBox bumper338 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 22nd 06 11:32 PM
msgbox flow23 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 10th 06 03:25 PM
Msgbox serge Excel Programming 1 January 28th 04 01:48 PM
Can MsgBox Do This?? foamfollower Excel Programming 4 January 20th 04 12:09 AM
MsgBox Dave Peterson[_3_] Excel Programming 0 July 23rd 03 02:11 AM