-   -   MsgBox vbmodless - is it possible? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/298269-msgbox-vbmodless-possible.html)

Fun Kid

MsgBox vbmodless - is it possible?

I would like to prompt a user to activate a workbook and then use that
workbook as a variable later on.

The code I have come up with is

MsgBox "Is the printer on?", , "Caution"
Set book1 = ActiveWorkbook

When I run the procedure it does not give me an opportunity to activate
the workbook open in the background. I want to be able to click on a
workbook and then click OK. In other words, how can I make a MsgBox
display vbmodless?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Bob Kilmer[_2_]

MsgBox vbmodless - is it possible?

Add a userform, configure it as a message box and show it modelessly.
Modeless userforms are possible in sufficiently recent versions of Excel
(since 97, perhaps).

"Fun Kid" wrote in message
I would like to prompt a user to activate a workbook and then use that
workbook as a variable later on.

The code I have come up with is

MsgBox "Is the printer on?", , "Caution"
Set book1 = ActiveWorkbook

When I run the procedure it does not give me an opportunity to activate
the workbook open in the background. I want to be able to click on a
workbook and then click OK. In other words, how can I make a MsgBox
display vbmodless?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

MsgBox vbmodless - is it possible?

xl2k, actually.

But Stephen Bullen wrote something that can be used in xl97:

http://www.BMSLtd.ie/Excel/Default.htm
look for: ModelessForm.zip

But he has some warnings in the description along with this line:

This trick does not emulate Excel 2000's real modeless forms in terms of code
being able to run side-by-side, and should be treated as nothing more than a
curiosity.

--

Dave Peterson