Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros

I have a quotation program with 4 saparate tabs along the
bottom. I've distributed this to over 200 customers, and
now I need to change prices on some items, about 24 on
each tab, total of nearly 100 prices to change. Can you
think of a systematic way to do this? Due to security,
only qualified customers get this program, so I don't want
to just post an updated .xls file on my web site. I was
hoping to distribute a macro or something that could
automatically find and change the selected prices. Can
anyone out there help me?? THANKS!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rob,

Some filosophical things. If you know this was going to happen, you'd better
make two workbooks. One with the 'logic' of your program and one pure
datasheet. Link your primary workbook to the data on the dataworkbook.
Then -if needed- you can mail your customers a new datasheet.

What you can do now is create this new datasheet and incorporate a macro in
it. Make it auto_open. This macro replaces the fixed values in your main
workbook with links to the data in your new datasheet.

You see, no practical answers in the form of macro's but an idea about the
approach.

Rob

"Rob" schreef in bericht