Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Third Time Posting this Question: Hyperlink Problem

Hi Seth,

It works for me when I try it (XL 2002, Win XP). I basically set up a
subroutine like this:

Sub test()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

I placed a Label on UserForm1 (named the Label lblHyperlink), set its
caption to www.totalflood.com, and set its font to blue and underlined. The
Click event of the Label looks like this:

Private Sub lblHyperlink_Click()
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "http://www.totalflood.com"
End Sub

When I run test, the UserForm is displayed. When I click the link, IE opens
up and navigates to the site as expected. I am able to switch back and
forth between IE and Excel with no problems.

However, if I used Application.ScreenUpdating=False before I showed the
UserForm, it caused all sorts of screen refresh issues, which may be what
you're seeing. So make sure ScreenUpdating=True before you show your form.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Seth wrote:
I have a hyperlink in a Userform. It works fine to take the user to
the webpage, but the workbbok that I am working in will not open back
up. I know that excel is still open because it is still minimized.
When I click on it, nothing happens. The way that I have to get the
workbbook to open back up is to double click on the file. When I do
this, Excel maximizes and the workbook is in the exact spot that I
left it before clicking on the hyperlink (with the userform showing).
Here is the code that I use: ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink
Address:="http://www.totalflood.com"

Seth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jake

Thanks for the help. I put the "ScreenUpdating = True" into the code and it is working now. I appreciate the help

Seth