Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking the view of Excel sheet

Hi,

I wanted to lock the view of Excel sheet so that only certain number of
rows and columns are displayed to the user. Since I have an Excel sheet
where in only 50 rows are to be displayed and data has to be entered in
these cells. There is no need for showing the rest of the cells. The
user should not be able to scroll horizontally or vertically beyond
this number of cells.

Can this be acheived by some means.

Thanks,
Sameer

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sameer

Assuming you want a programming solution:

Sub Makro1()
Rows("55:65536").Hidden = True
Columns("P:IV").Hidden = True
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"sameerce " skrev i melding

I wanted to lock the view of Excel sheet so that only certain number of
rows and columns are displayed to the user. Since I have an Excel sheet
where in only 50 rows are to be displayed and data has to be entered in
these cells. There is no need for showing the rest of the cells. The
user should not be able to scroll horizontally or vertically beyond
this number of cells.

Can this be acheived by some means.

Thanks,
Sameer

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the help. But can you tell me how can I then unhide th
rows/columns again.

Samee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, got it. NO PROBLEM.

Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
manualyy: Goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck both
scrollbars.
If you need a macro record the above action and use the
recorded code

Harald Staff wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Frank Kabel wrote:

Hi
manualyy: Goto 'Tools - Options - View' and uncheck both
scrollbars.
If you need a macro record the above action and use the
recorded code

Hi .. The following is the recording ..
Sub Macro1()
'
With ActiveWindow
.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = False
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = False
End With
End Sub

This hides the scroll bars for all the sheets ..i want to hide it on the
1st sheet, but show it on all others...

any way to do this ... ?

Thanks
Abhinav

Harald Staff wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Frank Kabel wrote:

Hi
AFAIK this setting can't be set individually for worksheets

I think we can do this using this:
Workbook_SheetActivate

In this Sub, we can check which sheet is being activated, and based on
this, show/hide the bars .

Just trying it out ..Thanks anyways :)

Regards
Abhinav

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For example

Sub Scroll_Lock()
Worksheets("Name sheet").ScrollArea = "A1:J29"
End sub

With Tools-Option-scollbars You can enable them again en hidden rows can be
unhide

"sameerce " schreef in bericht