Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining several workbooks into one

Hello!

We are using an Excel workbook/worksheet as an Event/appointment book. Each
user has his own workbook. The workbook contains one worksheet were one row
1 there is some headers and on row 2 the actual data begins. The data can
be any number of rows.

The headers a
Event,Date,Time,Place,Price,Note

Now I want to combine/merge all the 'user workbooks' into an 'all users
workbook'. Were the user data will be appended into the 'all users
workbook' and then sorted on Date and Time.

I want to do this using a Macro so that I can link the macro to a button.

Please help!

// Anders
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Look on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

Post back if you need help

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Anders Eriksson" wrote in message ...
Hello!

We are using an Excel workbook/worksheet as an Event/appointment book. Each
user has his own workbook. The workbook contains one worksheet were one row
1 there is some headers and on row 2 the actual data begins. The data can
be any number of rows.

The headers a
Event,Date,Time,Place,Price,Note

Now I want to combine/merge all the 'user workbooks' into an 'all users
workbook'. Were the user data will be appended into the 'all users
workbook' and then sorted on Date and Time.

I want to do this using a Macro so that I can link the macro to a button.

Please help!

// Anders

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Ron,

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:48:20 +0200, Ron de Bruin wrote:

Look on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

This is exactly what I needed!
Post back if you need help

I have a questions:
1) I'm using your ADO functions and as a param to GetData you have
SourceRange, how do I specify the range if I want it to be all data in the
sheet?

// Anders
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Anders

Use this example if you want that
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm#header

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Anders Eriksson" wrote in message ...
Hello Ron,

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:48:20 +0200, Ron de Bruin wrote:

Look on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

This is exactly what I needed!
Post back if you need help

I have a questions:
1) I'm using your ADO functions and as a param to GetData you have
SourceRange, how do I specify the range if I want it to be all data in the
sheet?

// Anders

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anders Eriksson wrote ...

Hello Ron,
1) I'm using your ADO functions and as a param to GetData you have
SourceRange, how do I specify the range if I want it to be all data in the
sheet?

Looks like the SourceRange argument can be a zero length string. Being
optional would be more explicit, it could be omitted e.g.

Public Sub GetData( _
ByVal SourceFile As Variant, _
ByVal TargetRange As Excel.Range, _
ByVal SourceSheet As String, _
Optional ByVal SourceRange As String, _
Optional ByVal HeaderRow As Boolean = True _
)