Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Report

I am trying to create an excel report from Access. I have been able t
output the query result to an excel file. But I need to use a templat
for formatting. Can some one tell me how to create a template an
associate it to the new excel file from Access.

Also I need to use a macro to do some formatting. Where do I store th
macro and how do I get the macro to run automatically when the exce
file opens.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sheri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I don't know how to do it from Access. But I have an Excel Workbook, that I prepared as Template Workbook for Reports. This Template Workbook has Sub Workbook_Open() = is called when the Template Workbook is opened. Here I do data fetching from any database and if necessary formatting. Then I remove the code from the workbook and save it under a new name. (not overwrite the template workbook with the code!

Good luck Mich

If interested Code Removal works like this
Public Sub DeleteProjects(project As VBProject

' delete the source-code from a specific VBA-projec

' Example invocation
' DeleteProjects Application.VBE.ActiveVBProjec

' First tries to delete all Modules (Class, Form, Standard
' Then it empties undeleteable Modules (like ThisWorkbook...
' After this Sub all Source-code should be gone, but th
' calling procedure still finishes execution even after th
' source is deleted
Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponen
Dim VBComps As VBIDE.VBComponent

Set VBComps = project.VBComponent

For Each VBComp In VBComp
With VBComp.CodeModul
.DeleteLines 1, .CountOfLine
End Wit
Select Case VBComp.Typ
Case vbext_ct_StdModule, vbext_ct_MSForm,
vbext_ct_ClassModul
VBComps.Remove VBCom
End Selec
Next VBCom