Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default "change" event for validation/pick lists

Hi, I understand there is a "Worksheet_Change()" event that kicks i
once a cell's value has been changed. I have a cell where to there i
a pick list to pick a value, but once this is done the Change() even
doesn't kick in. Nor, does the calculate event. (I can't get th
calculate event to work for anything, but thats besides the point :)

Anyway, does anyone know how to access this. Essentially, i'd like t
update all the other cells that reference this pick list cell when th
pick list cell has been modified. The way I was going to do it was us
the event, and basically do a Worksheets("Sheet1").Calculate whic
would update those values as well as others.

I'm using Excel 97 :< Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The change event doesn't fire in Data Validation in Excel 97. Does in 2000+,
but not 97.

What you have to do is refer/link to that DV cell, and then trap the
calculate event.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Fherrera " wrote in message
Hi, I understand there is a "Worksheet_Change()" event that kicks in
once a cell's value has been changed. I have a cell where to there is
a pick list to pick a value, but once this is done the Change() event
doesn't kick in. Nor, does the calculate event. (I can't get the
calculate event to work for anything, but thats besides the point :)

Anyway, does anyone know how to access this. Essentially, i'd like to
update all the other cells that reference this pick list cell when the
pick list cell has been modified. The way I was going to do it was use
the event, and basically do a Worksheets("Sheet1").Calculate which
would update those values as well as others.

I'm using Excel 97 :< Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alright. No idea how to answer my own question but I did find
different much much easier way of doing it. (you ever notice that whe
you try to find an answer to a problem you usually make it much muc
harder than it has to be)

For some reason my re-calculate values in the Tools-Options menu wa
set to manual... now it updates it (I was wondering too why it neve
updated when i changed a cell reference) Anyway it's good now.

Thanks