Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Password Protected & Read Only Access

I have a billing sheet that I want normal persons to be able to read, but
not change any data. I want them to be able to navigate through out the
entire workbook, but not alter anything. Only one person will be able to
make changes, so I would like to have them to have access to everything.

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Niq

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the main menu, go to Tools--Protection and protect each workshee
and the entire workbook. When you do this it will allow you to add
password and as long as the only person that has the password is th
person that should be editing it you'll be fine. It should also b
stated that the protection is only good as long as no one cares enoug
to search the net for something to break the passwords. Things lik
that are fairly easy to come accross, but nobody I work with has eve
thought of that but me. :-) - Piku

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, the purpose of protecting each sheet is to preserve the content o
that particular sheet. Protecting the workbook is distinct because tha
prevents you from doing things like adding new sheets. - Piku