Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default open Access DB that is password protected

I have the following code written in Excel VBA to open an
Access DB:

Set db = OpenDatabase("I:\test.mdb")

However, the DB is password protected. Is there anyway I
can write code to open the DB in the background? I know
how to do this for Excel but can't figure out how to do
it for Access.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ADO connection strings with security? No problem:

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/...orMicrosoftJet

DAO? I've no idea of a similar resource. I guess ADO is more widely
used and therefore more support is available. I'd recommend switching
to ADO if you can.