Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Userform question

Hello,
I'm in the process of creating a multipage userform and the finished form
will have about 300 textboxes and I was wondering whether this would cause
any problems. ie is there a upper limit to the number of tb allowed on a
single userform.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

David,

The limits would be dependent upon your processor capability AFAIK. But from
a different perspective, you need to give a lot of thought to he design and
navigation, 300 textboxes is a lot of work you are asking from your users.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"David Goodall" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm in the process of creating a multipage userform and the finished form
will have about 300 textboxes and I was wondering whether this would cause
any problems. ie is there a upper limit to the number of tb allowed on a
single userform.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi David

There are definitely limits, and I believe that you'll be very close to
them. The first thing you'll notice is that after a while the VBE don't
recognize the new control, it's not in the dropdowns and intellisense never
heard about it. Save, close, reopen may fix that. If not then you've
definitely reached the limit.

See if you can limit yourself to the amount of controls you see on screen at
the time, and re-use them for later tasks. If you use a tabstrip (tabs only,
not as container) or previous-next-buttons then you can clear-refill your
(say) 20 textboxes according to tab indexes or a counter value.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"David Goodall" skrev i melding
Hello,
I'm in the process of creating a multipage userform and the finished form
will have about 300 textboxes and I was wondering whether this would cause
any problems. ie is there a upper limit to the number of tb allowed on a
single userform.

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you all,

My userform contains 10 multipages, and each page will contain 40-50
textboxes at worst. Could I ask what the difference is between tabstrips
and multipages?
David

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi David

From help:

Should I use a MultiPage or a TabStrip?
If you use a single layout for data, use a TabStrip and map each set of data
to its own Tab. If you need several layouts for data, use a MultiPage and
assign each layout to its own Page.

Unlike a Page of a MultiPage, the client region of a TabStrip is not a
separate form, but a portion of the form that contains the TabStrip. The
border of a TabStrip defines a region of the form that you can associate
with the tabs. When you place a control in the client region of a TabStrip,
you are adding a control to the form that contains the TabStrip.