Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default URGENT!! macro for moving data to different spreadsheet

Hello,

quick help much appreciated so can meet work deadline.

I have a spreadsheet in excel where data will be entered into variou
cells spread around the page.

I need to create a macro whereby at the touch of a button the figure
or characters in these chosen cells will be moved to anothe
spreadsheet arranged into columns.

This will be done repeatedly each time new data is entered onto th
original sheet but each time the macro needs to add the new dat
beneath the previous line in the database spreadsheet.

Eternally grateful
Pete :confused

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a number of way to do this. thinking of the top of my head
try somthing like this...i will asume the number of cells is always 10

creat a 3d link to all the cell you need from the 1st page, on a
second page
(you do this ny putting = in a cells, then clicking the tab of the
1st sheet, then click the cell you wont to link), you might have

a b c
=sheet1!a2
=sheet1!a6
=sheet1!d59

and so on

now add a button on the second worksheet (from the controls tool box)
and add this code, it works on the asumtion of 10 figures in you list,
but you can change this, it also sticks a number in cell b1, this
will comtrol where the data is put in you long list

x=("YouSecondSheetName").range("b1").value

if x <1 then
x=1
else end if

sheets("YouSecondSheetName").range("A1:A10").copy
sheets(("YouSecondSheetName").cells(x,4).paste
x = x +10
("YouSecondSheetName").range("b1").value = x

this will put the figures in the range a1:a10 in a list in coulum d,

not that the figure in colum b, cell b1 controls where the data will
actually go, and that why it get added to each time you run the code.

i haven't tested this, so i hope it works! it show the idea any way

Good Luck
Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter,

I too have the same problem. I found out this excel example (th
attatched) on the net (hopefully its legal to pass on), I think i
might give you some ideas. I am a newbie and still learning to know ho
to code in excel. If you solved your problem. It would be appreciate
if you post your solution. Thanks Jeanie :-

Attachment filename: vba04-userforms.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=52870

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, there is some reasons that a completed attached is not loaded.
Hope this time it goes thru. Jeanie :-

Attachment filename: vba04-userforms.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=52879