Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic hyperlink reference

Is it possible to make the target cell in the hyperlink dynamic. I want the hyperlink to open c5 if it is week 5, d5 if it is week 6 et

Tobias
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
have a look at the HYPERLINK function

Is it possible to make the target cell in the hyperlink

dynamic. I want the hyperlink to open c5 if it is week 5,
d5 if it is week 6 etc

Tobias
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SV: Dynamic hyperlink reference

Yep, did that but it didn't help me...what I want to do, is to activate different cells depending on what week it is right now. This week I want the link to go to c3, next week the same link should go to d3. (The problem is hyperlinks on a sheet where I ask persons what they want to do; if they e.g wants to add forecast data or add the last production data) When they press add data for e.g. project 1, they should be hyperlinked to c3 in another sheet, and next week they should be hyperlinked to d3. I thought of using WeekNum and then according to the WeekNum change the link-reference. And I cannot find that in the helpfile.

Regards
Tobias
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tobias

The HYPERLINK formula would look like this

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!R3C" & WEEKNUM(NOW()))

replacing Sheet2 with whatever your sheet name is. This week isn't week 3
(column C), however. Are you talking about which week of the month or the
year? The above is for week of the year. For week of the month, try

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!R3C"&SUM(IF(WEEKDAY(EOMONTH(TO DAY(),-1)-1+ROW(INDIRECT("
1:"&TODAY()-EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1)))=2,1,0)))

entered with control+Shift+enter, not just enter. Most of that formula was
from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#NthDoWYear

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Tobias" wrote in message
Yep, did that but it didn't help me...what I want to do, is to activate

different cells depending on what week it is right now. This week I want the
link to go to c3, next week the same link should go to d3. (The problem is
hyperlinks on a sheet where I ask persons what they want to do; if they e.g
wants to add forecast data or add the last production data) When they press
add data for e.g. project 1, they should be hyperlinked to c3 in another
sheet, and next week they should be hyperlinked to d3. I thought of using
WeekNum and then according to the WeekNum change the link-reference. And I
cannot find that in the helpfile.

Regards,
Tobias

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I guess it was there wasn't it... *sorry

Thank you both, now it's working fine.

Tobias