Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm Wont Load

Greetings.

I am running Office 2k on a W2k box with 1 gig of ram and an AMD 2400.

I have a worksheet that has some UserForms on it. I have a later
version of this same workbook that has the same UserForms on it. In
the pursuit of streamlining the app, I eliminated all but one of the
UserForms from the later workbook. Now it won't load! I went back to
the older workbook and did the same and it works fine!!! I tried to
delete and then replaced the Forms folder in the later workbook, but
it still did the same, the older workbook still works fine.

I keep getting this Microsoft Visual Basic message box:

Run-time error '-2147352571 (80020005)':
Type mismatch

The debug then highlights this code:

Private Sub StartInv_Click()
Call PasteForm1
MakeNewInvForm1.Show <<<

End Sub

This is the same code and name that is used in the older version.

Does anyone have any idea as to what to do next or where to look for
information on this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated!!!

TIA

-Minitman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Minitman

It looks like you're saying the debugger highlights the Show line. If so,
go to Tools - Options - General (in the VBE) and select "Break in Class
Modules" in the Error Trapping section. Whenever an error ends on a class
instancing line (like Show) it usually means the error is in the class
module (the userform module, in this case) but that error trapping isn't set
to go there. This will tell you which line is actually causing the error.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Minitman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dick,

And all this time I thought I had to hit F8 until I got to the error.
Thanks for the tip. (It's a good reminder that if something doesn't work
the way I want it to in Excel, it's often because I haven't looked hard
enough).

Doug

"Minitman" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Dick,

Thanks for that advice, that did indeed bring up more information.

The VB message box was the same. However, the debugger came up with
this:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim i As Integer
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("CI").Activate
lastrow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 To lastrow
GetCustInfo_ListBox_01_04.AddItem Cells(i, 1) <<<

Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Sheets("Enter").Activate
End Sub

What I still don't understand is why it only has problems in the newer
version and works fine in the older!!!!

Any ideas????

-Minitman
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:40:44 -0500, "Dick Kusleika"
wrote:

Minitman

It looks like you're saying the debugger highlights the Show line. If so,
go to Tools - Options - General (in the VBE) and select "Break in Class
Modules" in the Error Trapping section. Whenever an error ends on a class
instancing line (like Show) it usually means the error is in the class
module (the userform module, in this case) but that error trapping isn't set
to go there. This will tell you which line is actually causing the error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try changing

Cells(i,1)

Cells(i,1).Text

Make sure you didn't rename the Listbox.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote:

Minitman

It looks like you're saying the debugger highlights the Show line. If

so,
go to Tools - Options - General (in the VBE) and select "Break in Class
Modules" in the Error Trapping section. Whenever an error ends on a

class
instancing line (like Show) it usually means the error is in the class
module (the userform module, in this case) but that error trapping isn't

set
to go there. This will tell you which line is actually causing the

error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Minitman

I don't know why there's a difference between versions. I would guess that
the problem here is unqualified references. I think you should re-write the
sub as

Dim i As Long
Dim lastrow As Long

With Sheets("CI")
lastrow = .Range("A" & .Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For i = 1 to lastrow
Me.GetCustInfo_ListBox_01_04.AddItem .Cells(i,1).Value
Next i
End With

I'll bet this takes care of the problem. Be sure to note the use of periods
in this code, they're important. If it doesn't solve the error, then I
would run the program again, get the error, hit debug so that the AddItem
line is highlighted, and go to the Immediate Window and type the following

?TypeName(Me.GetCustInfo_ListBox_01_04)
?.Cells(i,1).Parent.Name
?.Cells(i,1).Value

and see what you get.

--

wrote:

Minitman

It looks like you're saying the debugger highlights the Show line. If

so,
go to Tools - Options - General (in the VBE) and select "Break in Class
Modules" in the Error Trapping section. Whenever an error ends on a

class
instancing line (like Show) it usually means the error is in the class
module (the userform module, in this case) but that error trapping isn't

set
to go there. This will tell you which line is actually causing the

error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey Dick and Tom,

Thanks for replying.

It turned out to be a copied row with a #Value! error in it. This was
in the column that AddItem was looking to for it's data. It was
buried pretty deep, a couple of sheets and a module and several
procedures that were all looking at the results of the previous
procedure. I had an error that came up very rarely and when it did,
it started a chain reaction that did not trace back to the source
easily.

Once that was fixed everything else seems ok.

Thanks for the help.

-Minitman