Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Return MS Word word counts in Excel?

I don't know if this is even possible, but I figured I'd ask th
experts.

I am in the process of creating an Excel book that allows for eas
access to info from a number of different sources. Much of this inf
would be user-defined and user-provided.

However, I would REALLY like to be able to automatically return th
word count of a given Word or Text file in an Excel cell.

In other words, I want to have a column titled "Word Count", and i
each individual cell, the word count from the listed Word documen
would be automatically provided.

I suppose that I would have to create a macro for this kind of thing t
work, IF it is possible.

Am I dreaming?

In any case, I would appreciate any input or suggestions anyone coul
provide. Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

anybody

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds entirely possible but you may have to actually open the
documents in the MS Word app to get the totals. Therefore, I recommend
you post your request in a MS Word forum - the
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement newsgroup perhaps?

--

MLulofs wrote in message ...
anybody?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion