Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MLulofs MLulofs is offline

Default Return MS Word word counts in Excel?

I don't know if this is even possible, but I figured I'd ask th
experts.

I am in the process of creating an Excel book that allows for eas
access to info from a number of different sources. Much of this inf
would be user-defined and user-provided.

However, I would REALLY like to be able to automatically return th
word count of a given Word or Text file in an Excel cell.

In other words, I want to have a column titled "Word Count", and i
each individual cell, the word count from the listed Word documen
would be automatically provided.

I suppose that I would have to create a macro for this kind of thing t
work, IF it is possible.

Am I dreaming?

In any case, I would appreciate any input or suggestions anyone coul
provide. Thank you