Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Selecting rows in a spreadsheet

Hi,

I have a list of coursework marks in an Excel sheet - covering 150 rows.
They have been sorted from highest mark to lowest mark.

I wonder if anyone has a Macro that I could use to colour every 5th pupil
row - highlighting the work that has to be sent off for moderation?

Many thanks, your help is much appreciated,

Gareth Edmondson

--
All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gareth,

Using Conditional Formatting.

Select all of your target rows
Go to FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition1 to Formula Is
Input the formula =MOD(ROW(),5)=0
Click the format button
Select the Pattern tab
Choose a colour (Light Green is good)
Exit out

The beauty of this solution is that it works correctly even if you insert
rows

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gareth Edmondson" wrote in message

I have a list of coursework marks in an Excel sheet - covering 150 rows.
They have been sorted from highest mark to lowest mark.

I wonder if anyone has a Macro that I could use to colour every 5th pupil
row - highlighting the work that has to be sent off for moderation?

Many thanks, your help is much appreciated,

Gareth Edmondson

--
All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Gareth,

Using Conditional Formatting.

Select all of your target rows
Go to FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition1 to Formula Is
Input the formula =MOD(ROW(),5)=0
Click the format button
Select the Pattern tab
Choose a colour (Light Green is good)
Exit out

The beauty of this solution is that it works correctly even if you insert
rows

Hi Bob,

That is marvelous - not just the solution (which I will try in a moment),
but the speed at which you replied.

Thanks and best wishes,

Gareth Edmondson