-   -   Selecting rows in a spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/296289-selecting-rows-spreadsheet.html)

Gareth Edmondson

Selecting rows in a spreadsheet

Hi,

I have a list of coursework marks in an Excel sheet - covering 150 rows.
They have been sorted from highest mark to lowest mark.

I wonder if anyone has a Macro that I could use to colour every 5th pupil
row - highlighting the work that has to be sent off for moderation?

Many thanks, your help is much appreciated,

Gareth Edmondson

--
All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Selecting rows in a spreadsheet

Gareth,

Using Conditional Formatting.

Select all of your target rows
Go to FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition1 to Formula Is
Input the formula =MOD(ROW(),5)=0
Click the format button
Select the Pattern tab
Choose a colour (Light Green is good)
Exit out

The beauty of this solution is that it works correctly even if you insert
rows

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Gareth,

Using Conditional Formatting.

Select all of your target rows
Go to FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition1 to Formula Is
Input the formula =MOD(ROW(),5)=0
Click the format button
Select the Pattern tab
Choose a colour (Light Green is good)
Exit out

The beauty of this solution is that it works correctly even if you insert
rows

Hi Bob,

That is marvelous - not just the solution (which I will try in a moment),
but the speed at which you replied.

Thanks and best wishes,

Gareth Edmondson