Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros to run in any workbook

I receive a document every day in the form of an unformatted Excel
spreadsheet.

I have recorded a Macro to carry out the necessary re-formatting,
however when I receive the file every morning and go into TOOLS -
MACRO - MACROS, there are no existing macros there. I can only run
the macro if I open the Excel file in which I recorded and created it.

Is there any way in which I can save the macro open the unformatted
document so that it appears in the TOOLS - MACRO - MACROS menu or any
document I open?

Thanks

Ian M
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ian, you could copy the macros to your Personal.XLS file. Odds are you have
one and can see it in the VB Editor. If not, record a simple macro and tell
Excel to save it in personal.xls. Excel will then create that file. This
file is opened automatically each time you open Excel.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

om...