Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default BIFF8 Sample

Hello,

Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS files. MS
has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me what you
mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
| Hello,
|
| Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite hard
for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text in a
cell) with this format.
I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more by
myself

Thanks

"Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS files. MS
has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me what

you
mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
| Hello,
|
| Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry but I don't know that I've ever seen example code for creating a BIFF8
file in a programming language like C++. It's not something I've ever been
interested in so there may be stuff "out there".

Of course you could go with a text file or HTML, but those have limitations.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
| Hi,
|
| I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite hard
| for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text in a
| cell) with this format.
| I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more by
| myself
|
| Thanks
|

| "Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
| BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS files.
MS
| has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me what
| you
| mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".
|
| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
| message ...
| | Hello,
| |
| | Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
| |
| | thanks
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you
seb

"Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
Sorry but I don't know that I've ever seen example code for creating a

BIFF8
file in a programming language like C++. It's not something I've ever

been
interested in so there may be stuff "out there".

Of course you could go with a text file or HTML, but those have

limitations.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
| Hi,
|
| I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite

hard
| for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text in

| cell) with this format.
| I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more by
| myself
|
| Thanks
|

| "Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
| BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS files.
MS
| has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me

what
| you
| mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".
|
| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
| message ...
| | Hello,
| |
| | Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
| |
| | thanks
| |
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for this.
I know about this program but it is BIFF2.1 (excel 2.1)
For BIFF8 it is quite more difficult and very different but I can't find
any sample for this

Thanks
sebastien

"NickHK" a écrit dans le message de
Sébastien,
have a look at:
http://www.vb-helper.com/HowTo/doexcel.zip

NickHK

"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite

hard
for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text in

cell) with this format.
I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more by
myself

Thanks

"Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS files.

MS
has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me

what
you
mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
| Hello,
|
| Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sébastien,
have a look at:
http://www.vb-helper.com/HowTo/doexcel.zip

NickHK

"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite hard
for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text in a
cell) with this format.
I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more by
myself

Thanks

"Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS files.

MS
has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me what

you
mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
| Hello,
|
| Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What do you need to do, and what versions of excel do you need to support?

For basic files you might be better off using an HTML table and saving it in
a text file with an XLS extension. This is frequently used for generating
Excel files from web applications.

The HTML table can contain css formatting (font size, color etc) and even
formulas - should all display OK in XL97+

Tim.

"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
Thank you for this.
I know about this program but it is BIFF2.1 (excel 2.1)
For BIFF8 it is quite more difficult and very different but I can't find
any sample for this

Thanks
sebastien

"NickHK" a écrit dans le message de
Sébastien,
have a look at:
http://www.vb-helper.com/HowTo/doexcel.zip

NickHK

"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite

hard
for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text

in
cell) with this format.
I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more

by
myself

Thanks

"Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS

files.
MS
has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me

what
you
mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote

in
message ...
| Hello,
|
| Do you know where I can find a BIFF8 sample in VB.
|
| thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Sebastien,

I am reviewing the post thread. Do you have any more concerns on the
community's reply? If there is any more question, please feel free to post
here.

Thanks very much.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Community Support

Can I random sample from a set until every sample is selected? random sampling Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 April 26th 10 09:54 PM
sample program [email protected] Charts and Charting in Excel 1 February 28th 07 06:07 PM
SAMPLE FORMS p2416 New Users to Excel 0 November 1st 05 11:22 PM
Sample David Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 24th 05 09:03 PM
TOM O , sample is sent mike Excel Programming 2 February 18th 04 04:06 PM