Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams Tim Williams is offline

Default BIFF8 Sample

What do you need to do, and what versions of excel do you need to support?

For basic files you might be better off using an HTML table and saving it in
a text file with an XLS extension. This is frequently used for generating
Excel files from web applications.

The HTML table can contain css formatting (font size, color etc) and even
formulas - should all display OK in XL97+

Tim.

"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
Thank you for this.
I know about this program but it is BIFF2.1 (excel 2.1)
For BIFF8 it is quite more difficult and very different but I can't find
any sample for this

Thanks
sebastien

"NickHK" a écrit dans le message de
Sébastien,
have a look at:
http://www.vb-helper.com/HowTo/doexcel.zip

NickHK

"ABC - Sébastien Beaugrand" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I got the BIFF8 specification format on sourcefourge, but it's quite

hard
for me to understand how to write a minimal file (a sheet with a text

in
cell) with this format.
I think that if I get a source code for this, I'll be able to do more

by
myself

Thanks

"Jim Rech" a écrit dans le message de
BIFF8 is the file format Excel has used since Excel 97 for XLS

files.
MS
has no longer publicly documents this format. It's not clear to me

what
you
mean by "find a BIFF8 sample in VB".

--