Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
y y is offline

Default Concatenate a strings range.

CONCATENATE accepts only single cells.

How can I concatencate contiguos cells (a range of strings) without writing each cell reference by hand?

Only via VBA? And how?

Thank you Alex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alex
one way:
1. download the free add-in Morefunc.xll . It includes the
function
MCONCAT (http://longre.free.fr/english/)

2. Use the formula
=MCONCAT(A1:E1,", ")

How can I concatencate contiguos cells (a range of

strings) without writing each cell reference by hand?

Only via VBA? And how?

Thank you Alex.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't know about any built in function that will do that. A macro way:

Dim cell As Range, str As String
Dim delim As String
delim = ","
For Each cell In Range("A1:A100").Cells
If Len(cell.Value) 0 Then
str = str & cell.Value & delim
End If
Next cell

If Len(str) 0 Then
str = Left(str, Len(str) - Len(delim))
End If

"y" wrote in message ...
CONCATENATE accepts only single cells.

How can I concatencate contiguos cells (a range of strings) without

writing each cell reference by hand?

Only via VBA? And how?

Thank you Alex.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alex,

Did Frank and Tim's suggestion help you?
I think for now, if you do not want to use othe addins to achieve your aim,
I agree with Tim's suggestion. We may need to write an funciton with VBA to
handle the range of cells' text.

If you still have any concern on this issue, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support