Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formulas not updating when add new inputs

We on occasion have a problem with cells that contains a
formula not updating when we enter new information in the
range of cells it is calculating; what would cause this?
The strange thing is that one day it will operate fine
and the next it will not.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
check if automatic calculation is disabled ('Tools -
Options - Calculate).
Enable this setting.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check your settings when it does not work. In the main menu go t
Tools-Options and then in the Options Window go to the “Calculation
tab. The top of that tab is where you set the calculation of formula
and such to “Automatic” if you so choose. If it is already set t
automatic and is still not working I’d look at the formulas themselves

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does it reset itself? I was having problems with this
yesterday and today it is working fine and the
calculation option is set to automatic. Why would it
change?
Check your settings when it does not work. In the main

menu go to
Tools-Options and then in the Options Window go to

the "Calculation"
tab. The top of that tab is where you set the

calculation of formulas
and such to "Automatic" if you so choose. If it is

already set to
automatic and is still not working I'd look at the

formulas themselves.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something is amiss. It isn't likely that it is resetting itsel
exactly, but knowing how it's set and if that setting is changing a
all would help narrow down the list of possible answers to you
problem. Just check it when you notice the problem return. See wha
happens when you manualy recalculate (F9). Check to see if there i
any code you don't know about that could be doing that. Assumin
everything is in order then the next liklihood is that the formula i
working, just not in the way you expect it to. - Piku