Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Qualifying sub names

Hi,

I used to have a workbook that my colleagues used, and now I converted it to
an add-in. I kept all the sub names, but renamed to the toolbar that calls
them. Now when my colleagues use both the add-in and the old workbook (not
that they should) the new menu calls subs from the old workbook. Is the a
way to say "use subs from ThisWorkbook"?

(I could always renames all the subs, but that's a bit of a pain).

Thanks,

Bura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Prefix the call will the name of the work book if you have a sub called
Test() in both open workbooks then:-

Call Book1!Test
Call Book2!Test

If they are in the different modules try

Call Book1!Module1.Test
Call Book1!Module2.Test

Cheers
Nigel

"Bura Tino" wrote in message
Hi,

I used to have a workbook that my colleagues used, and now I converted it

an add-in. I kept all the sub names, but renamed to the toolbar that calls
them. Now when my colleagues use both the add-in and the old workbook (not
that they should) the new menu calls subs from the old workbook. Is the a
way to say "use subs from ThisWorkbook"?

(I could always renames all the subs, but that's a bit of a pain).

Thanks,

Bura

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nigel" wrote in message
Prefix the call will the name of the work book if you have a sub called
Test() in both open workbooks then:-

Call Book1!Test
Call Book2!Test

The problem with this is that I'm developing the adding as an regular XLS
file (MyAddin.xls) and then saving it as an add-in (MyAddin.xla). I'm
guessing that would break the links you are suggesting.