Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bura Tino Bura Tino is offline

Default Qualifying sub names

"Nigel" wrote in message
Prefix the call will the name of the work book if you have a sub called
Test() in both open workbooks then:-

Call Book1!Test
Call Book2!Test

The problem with this is that I'm developing the adding as an regular XLS
file (MyAddin.xls) and then saving it as an add-in (MyAddin.xla). I'm
guessing that would break the links you are suggesting.

If they are in the different modules try

Call Book1!Module1.Test
Call Book1!Module2.Test

Cheers
Nigel

"Bura Tino" wrote in message
Hi,

I used to have a workbook that my colleagues used, and now I converted

it
an add-in. I kept all the sub names, but renamed to the toolbar that

calls
them. Now when my colleagues use both the add-in and the old workbook

(not
that they should) the new menu calls subs from the old workbook. Is the

way to say "use subs from ThisWorkbook"?

(I could always renames all the subs, but that's a bit of a pain).

Thanks,

Bura