Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default To: Paul B and Brian B

Firstly, thank you both for your helpful responses.
However, by solving two problems I have created another.
With Paul B's solution in place, my number of lines have
been reduced greatly.
Unfortunatly, In my previous post I asked the Macro to
input todays date into A1:A60.
What I really needed was the macro to input the current
date into column "A" each time I archive my data.
So, today might be A1:A25, tomorrow might be A26:A53 and
so on and consequently the dates will be different.
I was wondering if an IF statement in column "A" might
work. eg, If there is data in cell "P" then date in
cell "A"
It is amazing how simple it sounds when I look at it....!!
Thanks Again guys.
Regards
Michael
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paul B and Brian B

After you delete the rows:

Dim rng as Range

set rng = range(cells(1,"P"),cells(rows.count,"P").End(xlup) )
rng.offset(0,-15).Value = Date

Tom Ogilvy

"Michael" wrote in message
Firstly, thank you both for your helpful responses.
However, by solving two problems I have created another.
With Paul B's solution in place, my number of lines have
been reduced greatly.
Unfortunatly, In my previous post I asked the Macro to
input todays date into A1:A60.
What I really needed was the macro to input the current
date into column "A" each time I archive my data.
So, today might be A1:A25, tomorrow might be A26:A53 and
so on and consequently the dates will be different.
I was wondering if an IF statement in column "A" might
work. eg, If there is data in cell "P" then date in
cell "A"
It is amazing how simple it sounds when I look at it....!!
Thanks Again guys.
Regards
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom
A small problem !!
The last line of the code
"rng.offset(0,-15).Value = Date"
produces an Object error.
Can you explain what this line does, and then I will try
and sort it from there.
Thanks again
Regards
Michael

[...]

disable brian baulsom's worksheet change based on cell value. jat Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 22nd 09 07:16 AM
Brian - Creating a option button Excel Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 3rd 09 09:19 PM
Paul B Tonks Excel Worksheet Functions 1 July 31st 06 11:43 AM
to Paul Lautman - timesheet Pat Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 15th 06 06:06 PM
Brian B: Copy values between workbooks Jonsson[_3_] Excel Programming 0 January 29th 04 11:30 AM