Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default importing access mdb in to excel

i have an .mdb file (Prova.mdb) with 2 table (TABLE1 and TABLE2)
could want to import TABLE1 into SHEET1 and TABLE2 into SHEET2 how t
make it with a macro in VBA for Excel, is possible

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel cannot read Access files. I think Access can create Excel files, so
you might approach it from that side.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"sal21 " wrote in message
|i have an .mdb file (Prova.mdb) with 2 table (TABLE1 and TABLE2) i
| could want to import TABLE1 into SHEET1 and TABLE2 into SHEET2 how to
| make it with a macro in VBA for Excel, is possible?
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Although Access Files will not show as an option when
opening files (and therefore cannot be imported that way)
there is another way to get Excel to bring in Access
tables. From the Data menu choose "Get External Data" and
then "New Database Query." A list of Databases will show
with MS Access Database as an option. Choose this,
specify your file location, and you will see a list of
your tables and queries. Choose the table or query you
want to import and it will bring it into Microsoft Query,
where you can either import the entire table/query or use
your Access data as a basis for a new query. See MS Query
help for details if you can't figure it out. When done,
you choose to "Return Data to Microsoft Excel" and specify
where to put it. Then the option "Refresh Data" (in the
Data menu) will update the data any time you need to
reimport it (and this can be controlled by a macro).

There is a lot more detail to it, but it is not too hard
to figure out and help or the MSDN library/Knowledge Base
or these newsgroups should help if you run into any
specific questions.

Hope this helps!
Ken

.