Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assigning names to a route

Hi
I am a mailman. Whenever someone calls in sick, that person's route is
split 5 ways and one split is given to each of 5 carriers for their
Overtime. The following criteria is used for that assignment.

The assignments are given based on whoever has the LEAST amount of OT. The
carrier with the least amount of OT for the current quarter gets the first
assignment, the 2nd least the second assignment etc.

However our PO has three zones and we would like to keep people carrying in
their own zone as much as possible. Therefore I was wondering if it is
possible to make up a database in such a way that a macro would
automatically:

- Assign OT by zone starting with the least OT person in that Zone

For example:

Carrier Zone OT so far OT today Rt1 Split1
Rt Zone

If We didn't need to worry about zone crossover, we could just do a sort
from least to greatest. Then we could assign name 1 to the first route split
1, the second name to the second split and keep going thruout the needed
routes to be covered.

But how do you do it if you want to keep people in their same zones as much
as possible? Hopefully this makes some kind of sense. Thanks for any help!
Jim