Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Starting VBE at EXCEL Start

I'm trying to start Visual Basic Editor when EXCEL starts.

I have an Add-In that has a workbook_Open macro:

Call Appl_Position
Call AddUtilities
Call InitArrays
Set f = fs.getfile(FileSpec)
If Int(Now) Int(f.datelastmodified) Then start an appl
SendKeys "%{F11}"

It doesn't work most of the time.

Is there another way to do this.

Thanks,
Don
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don,

I'm trying to start Visual Basic Editor when EXCEL starts.

This line shows the VBE:

Application.VBE.MainWindow.Visible = True

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are starting an application, then it probably has the focus and your
sendkeys goes to that application.

Perhaps you want to do the send keys when you know that Excel will have the
focus.
Tom Ogilvy

"Don" wrote in message
I'm trying to start Visual Basic Editor when EXCEL starts.

I have an Add-In that has a workbook_Open macro:

Call Appl_Position
Call AddUtilities
Call InitArrays
Set f = fs.getfile(FileSpec)
If Int(Now) Int(f.datelastmodified) Then start an appl
SendKeys "%{F11}"

It doesn't work most of the time.

Is there another way to do this.

Thanks,
Don

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Don,

Don schrieb:
I'm trying to start Visual Basic Editor when EXCEL starts.

I have an Add-In that has a workbook_Open macro:

Call Appl_Position
Call AddUtilities
Call InitArrays
Set f = fs.getfile(FileSpec)
If Int(Now) Int(f.datelastmodified) Then start an appl
SendKeys "%{F11}"

It doesn't work most of the time.

Is there another way to do this.

try this: