Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default More Toolbars questions - 2

Hi,
What method would you recommend to store toolbars / menu settings? I mean
e.g. menus augmented by buttons to the right of Help.
This is needed to control user's environment within my workbook and outside
it.

I lean towards SetSetting/GetSetting but I'm not sure if this is easy.
Toolbar settings come in varied quantity so I wouldn't know how to parse
keys in registry to see if I got the lot.

Bright idea, it seems, would be to store all the settings as one lump of
comma separated string of values and pluck it into registry. But... what
values are they?

What would you say?
TIA
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Create your menus using VBA. Chip Pearson explains it very well he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/menus.htm#vba
I figure if I can follow it, anyone can. :)
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
Hope this helps!
Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat)
Author: Dreamboat on Word
Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com
Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com
<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-<-*-
"count" wrote in message
What method would you recommend to store toolbars / menu settings? I mean
e.g. menus augmented by buttons to the right of Help.
This is needed to control user's environment within my workbook and

outside
it.

I lean towards SetSetting/GetSetting but I'm not sure if this is easy.
Toolbar settings come in varied quantity so I wouldn't know how to parse
keys in registry to see if I got the lot.

Bright idea, it seems, would be to store all the settings as one lump of
comma separated string of values and pluck it into registry. But... what
values are they?

What would you say?
TIA
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,

I like to store these types of settings in a hidden worksheet. Take a look
at John Walkenbach's menu builder at
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm . You could expand on his method
for building menus to also store them. You'll find that there are a lot of
variables to store, it can get quite complex, and if you don't do it right
it can be annoying to your users. I recommend altering their environment as
little as possible while adding the functions you need. John summarizes
some of the potential problems he
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip100.htm.

hth,

Doug