Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How To: create a form for a user to enter data

I'm rather new to Excel and know nothing about VBS. I was trying to
find a way to create a form so I could enter data onto a worksheet.
Something along the lines of a button on the worksheet and that opens
a form to enter data that is entered to the sheet after the entry is
complete.

I've already tried using the Data|Forms option, even recorded a macro
that was actuated by a button placed on the worksheet.

So my question is this. Considering my skills, VB looks rather
complicated. Is the feat mentioned above doable or should I look at
quite a bit of reading/research before attempting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can appreciate how you might think VBA looks difficult
but if I can learn anyone can.

First and formost, buy a good book. This book might be a
good place to start: Microsoft Excel VBA Programming for
the Absolute Beginner

Second and almost as equal as the first record macros
then open the code window. Then hit F8. This will step
you through the code one line at a time so you can watch
what happens.

Third, when you run into a specific problem this is a
great forum to get you over the hump. But please be
specific

Using these three methods you'll be coding in no time.
If I had to guess, you could achieve you goal within a
month.

Good luck!

I'm rather new to Excel and know nothing about VBS. I

was trying to
find a way to create a form so I could enter data onto a

worksheet.
Something along the lines of a button on the worksheet

and that opens
a form to enter data that is entered to the sheet after

the entry is
complete.

I've already tried using the Data|Forms option, even

recorded a macro
that was actuated by a button placed on the worksheet.

So my question is this. Considering my skills, VB looks

rather
complicated. Is the feat mentioned above doable or

should I look at
quite a bit of reading/research before attempting?
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The approach your doing is probably your best bet until you become more familiar. so try this for now.
Put this code in your button's code. and this will automatcally bring up your dataform for all your input
Make sure you have headers on all your columns

Range("a1").Selec
ActiveSheet.ShowDataFor