Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default wsNew.Name

If I am using wsNew.Name= c.value in a macro, how do I change that to only use a certain number of characters...

ie

wsNew.Name= Left(c.value, 5) --- Which isn't right, but that's the idea of what I want to d

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Allie wrote:
hi

If I am using wsNew.Name= c.value in a macro, how do I change that
to only use a certain number of characters....

ie

wsNew.Name= Left(c.value, 5) --- Which isn't right, but that's the
idea of what I want to do

Thanks.

What's wrong with that Left() line ?

Juan Pablo González

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Probably would help if you showed us more of the code.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Allie" wrote in message
hi

If I am using wsNew.Name= c.value in a macro, how do I change that to

only use a certain number of characters....

ie

wsNew.Name= Left(c.value, 5) --- Which isn't right, but that's the idea

of what I want to do

Thanks.