Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locating lowest/highest cell value in an array

I have been unsuccessfully trying to program an Excel
spreadsheet to locate the lowest or highest cell value in
an array by highlighting cell with shading or bolding of
cell data or some other method.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
if your data is in A1:A100 try the following:
- select this range
- goto 'Format - Conditional format'
- enter the following formula (for the maximum value):
=A1=MAX($A$1:$A$100)
- choose a format
- repeat for the minimum value

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Paul Rampenthal wrote:
I have been unsuccessfully trying to program an Excel
spreadsheet to locate the lowest or highest cell value in
an array by highlighting cell with shading or bolding of
cell data or some other method.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try conditional formatting with a formula.

Select the cells, say starting at A1, and in CF put a formula of
=A1=MAX(A1:A100)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul Rampenthal" wrote in message
I have been unsuccessfully trying to program an Excel
spreadsheet to locate the lowest or highest cell value in
an array by highlighting cell with shading or bolding of
cell data or some other method.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Frank, to further complicate matters I am trying to highlight the
highest/lowest cell value in a row. So each row would require a separate
formula. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try the following (for a row based formating)
- select your range (e.g. rows A1:X10)
- in the contional format dialog enter the following formula
=A1=MAX($A1:$X1)
- choose a format
..- repeat for the minimum:
=A1=MIN($A1:$X1)