Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Rounding numbers to whole thousands

Please help!!!

I have six sheets in one workbook that requires cells containing link
to be converted to whole values that are have been rounded to th
nearest thousand..

eg. 150,006,52300.04 should be rounded to 150,007.

The sheets contain text too , and the numbers are from links to othe
work books.

Basically I would like a VBA script that can be run on a sheet t
convert the linked values to numbers rounded to the thousandth value.

Thanking you in advance.

Kiran Harry.

please use work email address:

--
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps I'm feeling a bit grouchy today, but ...

When you post a question here, it would be good etiquette to make sure that
your problem us clearly stated and that there there is no confusion.

In a couple of places, you say the nearst thousand." Elsewhere, you say "the
nearest thousandth." Your example seems to round to the nearest hundred
thousand.

You can't expect people to spend time trying to read your mind! :)

--

Vasant

"kiranx " wrote in message
Please help!!!

I have six sheets in one workbook that requires cells containing links
to be converted to whole values that are have been rounded to the
nearest thousand..

eg. 150,006,52300.04 should be rounded to 150,007.

The sheets contain text too , and the numbers are from links to other
work books.

Basically I would like a VBA script that can be run on a sheet to
convert the linked values to numbers rounded to the thousandth value.

Thanking you in advance.

Kiran Harry.

please use work email address:

---
Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I agree with Vasat (your example does not match your description) but
you may have a look at the ROUND function. Especially if you have
formulas in your cells.
You may also consider formating them to just display only thousands.

So please restate your problem and it should be easy to provide an
answer to you

--
Regards
Frank Kabel