Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Making the minimized Excel window icon flash

I was using the Application.OnTime event to write a simple macro i
Excel XP that would display a message box 10 seconds from when th
macro was run.

After starting the macro, I would minimize the Excel window, and wante
the icon on the taskbar to flash when the message box came up. I wa
wondering: how do you make the minimized Excel workbook icon flash?

(I remember that, although I don't have my old workbook, I created
macro similar to the one above in Excel 97 on a Windows NT 4.0 machin
and I didn't have to write any extra code to get it to flash.)

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I used xl97 and winnt 4.0 at work and I don't recall having to do this. I use
xl2k and win2k and that excel icon flashes in the taskbar when there's a
dialog/msgbox to dismiss.

But maybe something like this will force it:

AppActivate Application.Caption

(but the simple msgbox in a minimized window made the icon flash in win98.)

"AndyKB <" wrote:

I was using the Application.OnTime event to write a simple macro in
Excel XP that would display a message box 10 seconds from when the
macro was run.

After starting the macro, I would minimize the Excel window, and wanted
the icon on the taskbar to flash when the message box came up. I was
wondering: how do you make the minimized Excel workbook icon flash?

(I remember that, although I don't have my old workbook, I created a
macro similar to the one above in Excel 97 on a Windows NT 4.0 machine
and I didn't have to write any extra code to get it to flash.)

Thanks in advance,

AB

---

Dave Peterson