Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protect My workbook, what's my computer's Finger Print name??? and how to access it, from vba!

Hi all!
I am working in a company.
I am using one excel workbook, with important and confidential
information.
Everyone in our company can see what's inside my computer, in my
office, not outside.
I need to protect this workbook to be used in one computer outside our
company, outside my office.In one computer other than mine.
I mean if you open the workbook in my office, in my computer, no
problem!!, but if some one has done an illegal copy and tries to open
outside the office, application.quit

I do not know if is possible to use my computers IP address or
something like that in some way to do something similar to..."see the
following code"

This is just example, I have to make a reference to my computer's
FingerPrint.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
On Error Resume Next
If thisWorkBook.Names("Made_By") Is Nothing Or _
thisWorkBook.Names("Made_By") < "=Andoni" Then
MsgBox Chr(10) & "Sorry, but you didn't do this Job!" & _
Chr(10) & "Bye-Bye!!!", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, _
"From Andoni with LOVE:"
With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
.EnableEvents = False
.DisplayAlerts = False
End With
ThisWorkBook.Close
Application.Quit
End If
If thisWorkBook.Names("eMail") Is Nothing Or _
Range(thisWorkBook.Names("eMail")).Value < "
Then
MsgBox Chr(10) & "Sorry, but you didn't do this Game!" & _
Chr(10) & "Bye-Bye!!!", vbExclamation + vbOKOnly, _
"From Andoni with LOVE:"
With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
.EnableEvents = False
.DisplayAlerts = False
End With
ThisWorkBook.Close
Application.Quit
End If

so:
Is it possible to read from excel; my computer's, "vehicle number,
sorry for my English", I mean my computer's fingerprint.
I don't know this fingerprint name "maeby, IP address,
Username,...???", and at the same time I don't know how to access from
vba, this fingerPrint, "using, Application.My_Computer_FingerPrint"???

Many Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's a post I gave yesterday to get the disk serial number

Function DiskVolumeId() As String
Dim FSO As Object

Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
DiskVolumeId = Format(CDbl(FSO.Drives("C:").SerialNumber))
End Function

--

HTH

Bob Phillips