Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Public variable usage!

Sorry misread your question. But the module with the public variables would still have to be in Personal.xls to be available to all excel workbooks

----- aiyer wrote: ----

Hi all

A quick question. I had declared certain variables as public in
*general* module and used them in different macros to create a *.fe
file

However, I ran the macros once and it ran fine and generated a *.fe
file (let's say c.fev). I close the Excel and open it again to run th
same macros again. But this time, I get the following message quote
C:\Ansys/Model\c.fev!stati not found, where stati is one of the macro
associated with a toolbar button.

Notice that the c.fev was the one created previously and does'nt hav
to be refered any time at all. We r interested in creating more *.fe
file like that each time

Actually the Excel workbook with all the macros in it is within sa
c:\Ansys\Model. I dunno why Excel is searching the previously create
c.fev when executed the second time

Is this a bug? Is anything getting corrupted? I would appreciate you
help guys

Thanks alot
Arun....
Vtec Corp