-   -   Public variable usage! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/294988-re-public-variable-usage.html)

chris.

Public variable usage!

Sorry misread your question. But the module with the public variables would still have to be in Personal.xls to be available to all excel workbooks

----- aiyer wrote: ----

Hi all

A quick question. I had declared certain variables as public in
*general* module and used them in different macros to create a *.fe
file

However, I ran the macros once and it ran fine and generated a *.fe
file (let's say c.fev). I close the Excel and open it again to run th
same macros again. But this time, I get the following message quote
C:\Ansys/Model\c.fev!stati not found, where stati is one of the macro
associated with a toolbar button.

Notice that the c.fev was the one created previously and does'nt hav
to be refered any time at all. We r interested in creating more *.fe
file like that each time

Actually the Excel workbook with all the macros in it is within sa
c:\Ansys\Model. I dunno why Excel is searching the previously create
c.fev when executed the second time

Is this a bug? Is anything getting corrupted? I would appreciate you
help guys

Thanks alot
Arun....
Vtec Corp