Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AutoShape - Text Update

At the moment I have an autoshape which I have a asigned a name to.

I want it so that when the text in A1 is updated, the value of A1 i
copied and entered as text into the auto shape.

Any idea's

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Like this?

Sub update_autoshape()
txt = Range("A1").Value
ActiveSheet.Shapes("autoshapewithassignedname").Se lect
Selection.Characters.Text = txt
End Sub

...but then you have to start the macro yourself after updating cel
A1. If you want it to be updated automatically when pressing enter i
A1 I don't have a clue.

Anyone else?

Erlen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No macro needed for that. Select the autoshape. Go to Excel's formula bar
and enter
=A1

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please

"ianripping " skrev i melding
At the moment I have an autoshape which I have a asigned a name to.

I want it so that when the text in A1 is updated, the value of A1 is
copied and entered as text into the auto shape.

Any idea's?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah I did this instead:-

In Workbook Module:-

One = Range("A1").Value
ActiveSheet.Shapes("AutoShape 1").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = One
Range("a1").Select

Two = Range("A2").Value
ActiveSheet.Shapes("AutoShape 2").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = Two
Range("a1").Select

Three = Range("A3").Value
ActiveSheet.Shapes("AutoShape 3").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = Three
Range("a1").Select

Four = Range("A4").Value
ActiveSheet.Shapes("AutoShape 4").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = Four
Range("a1").Select
End Su

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming